POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Python and POVRay : Re: Python and POVRay Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:30:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Python and POVRay
From: Roberto Ferrer de Amorim
Date: 12 Mar 2001 12:04:53
Message: <3aad01b5@news.povray.org>
It's quite similar in some ways, but at a lower level than what I plan to
do. I can't really use its ideas because of its license, but I'll surely
take a look on it.

What I plan is something that allows me to do something like this:

scene = Scene()
sphere = Sphere([0,0])
path = LinearPath([[0,0,0,1], [1,1,1,20], [-2,-2,-2,60]])    # [x, y, z,
framenumber] - this is a comment
sphere.SetPath(path)

scene.render()

It would render a scene with 60 frames with the sphere going from 0,0,0 on
frame 1 to 1,1,1 on frame 20, and then to -2,-2,-2 in frame 60, and such.
You would be able to specify spline and math paths with ease, and adapt to
the frames with no problems.

Right after I finish the class design I'll start a draft explaning this
concepts and posting it here. I hope it helps.

One more thing... what do you think about this? You didn't say if you think
it's a good or bad idea.

Thanks...